Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Thoughts On My First Petite Mesh Avatar



I keep mentioning that I've been redesigning jewelry to fit petite mesh avatars, and you may have even seen some posts on other blogs featuring some of the new jewelry. Ta daaa! Here are some snaps of petite me.  I can't help but think these tiny avatars were just meant to be fairies, pixies, etc.--so that's what I'm going for.

This is the first set of jewelry that I redesigned for petite mesh avatars--the ELEMENTAL Petite Kaleidoscope jewelry set, with multi-colored semi-precious stones and a silver floral motif.  I like the earrings up on the tips of my little ears so they are more visible, but you could move them lower if you prefer that location.  I'm so cute!


(**Apologies in advance for my wordiness on this post--lots to say on this one.)
So, what do I think of the petite avatars?  I like them, but let me say that I've been stepped on a few times and once had a run in with a rather large cat.  Shame on you, kitty!  LOL.   It's great fun trying to make jewelry to fit petites.  But, I do quite a few texture changing pieces, and it is sometimes difficult to hit the earrings just right for the click.  I've found that the best way to get to the earrings is to angle my camera around behind the avi, zoom in, and then aim at the earrings.  This is true for clicking the texture changer, and it's true when you want to "edit" the earring and adjust placement.  I have not had this issue with necklaces.

The other issue with jewelry is that you usually can't just "wear" your necklace.  Most of the clothes for your petite avi will have things already attached to the chest area, so when you "wear" your necklace, part of your top vanishes.  Oops!  To work around this, simply "add" the necklace to your outfit rather than "wear".  You can also "add" extra earrings and wear more than one pair placed at different spots on the ears.

I have a few more shopping tips on clothes and hair below in the "I'm wearing" tab below.  You will need to be a very observant shopper to avoid some petite pitfalls.  In fact, I have placed my petite jewelry items in a separate shop to help shoppers avoid confusion.  (It's right next door to the mainshop!)

Slurl to PETITE ELEMENTAL JEWELRY inworld:
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Belle%20Island/243/28/23

And brace yourself--you will have an interesting surprise when you switch back to your standard size shape.  You will turn into a big avi pretzel and think you've done something horribly wrong.  Don't worry--just relog and you will be fine.  However, I would suggest making the transition in the privacy of your own home. LMAO!

There is also a PETITE ELEMENTAL JEWELRY satellite shop at The Petite Shopping Village:
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Silvercreek/15/168/141

I'm wearing:
Jewelry:  PETITE ELEMENTAL JEWELRY--Petite Kaleidoscope Necklace & Earrings set in "bright".  (***Also available in "turquoise" if you prefer the classics.)
Avatar:  Mynerva petite mesh avatar made by Yabusaka--Cream. Purchased full price--is comes with the avi shape, skin, eyes, and a HUD to alter the colors somewhat.
Hair:  Wasabi Pill Monique Petite Mesh Hair--Blonds.  Purchased full price.  WP is making special hair just for petites. (***I have found that some of my regular size hair will downsize just fine--especially my Diva hair.  I've heard that Truth hair will downsize, but I haven't had much luck with it.)
Outfit & Wings:  Evie's Closet--Damselfly--Petites--Peridot.  (***Now, when you pop over to Evie's, be sure to notice that the petite items are on the low, round display.  This same outfit is on the wall right beside the petites.  I mistook the entire area for the "petite section", and purchased the "big" version thinking it was a petite outfit.  Had to go back and make a double purchase to get my petite decked out in green.  It's a bit confusing, and designers need to be extra careful with their signage so you know what is petite and what is not.)
Poses:  I'm sorry, I tried so many that I have no idea.  But my regular poses seem to work just fine with my petite avi.
Location:  PETITE ELEMENTAL JEWELRY mainshop @ Belle Island in SL.

No comments:

Post a Comment