Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Little Big Shop Event Coming Soon to Second Life



One of the events in which I am currently participating is the Little Big Shop Event, a charitable endeavor to benefit The Water Project.  The Water Project brings water to communities that lack a clean drinking water supply.  The concept of the Little Big Shop Fair is that less experienced Second Life busniess owners are paired with more experienced SL business owners and they work cooperatively to make products to sell at the fair.  Each participant must produce 2 exclusive fair items, one of which is sold with 100% of the profits donated to The Water Project.  In the process of working cooperatively, the less experienced "Small" designer is mentored by the more experienced "Big" designer, learning valuable entrepreneurial and building skills.  What an opportunity!  And what a generous gift from the "Big" designers!

I am a "Little" designer since my shop is new, and I have been paired with Faery Sola of Studio Sidhe.  (That's Faery dancing her booty off at Moonsong, home of Studio Sidhe.) Faery has been the greatest mentor ever.  She has patiently taught me how to improve my textures, has bought me tools that she thinks are a must, and has given me fantastic advice on operating a business in SL.  Thanks Faery, you're the best!


The Little Big Shop Fair will be held April 15 to May 15, 2011, and is being organized by Yasmino GossipGirl and Tala Swan.  Photos of the items that Faery and I made will follow in the next post.  And let me just say that they are fantastic!

For more info on the Fair and the Water Project:  http://www.wix.com/LilBIGshop/2011hop/2011

1 comment:

  1. aww, my pleasure Contessa! I'd have love to have given you more time but unfortunately my time-turner appears to have gotten lost in the mail! I'm always happy to share what I've learned though :) *hugs*

    ReplyDelete