Sunday, December 8, 2013

A Longing For Lost Things


 I don't enjoy winter, and I refuse to wear a heavy winter coat.  I mean, you can't see your necklace, right?  But, I saw this beautiful winter sim, Dawn of Radiance, on  Ziki's Blog and Strawberry Singh's blog and just had to play copycat.  Above, I am a water goddess floating on an icy lake--at least, that's what I was imagining (insert giggle here).  I am wearing new jewelry from ELEMENTAL, the Galena jewelry.  I've been feeling like wearing long, flowing dresses and visiting fantasy sims, so I've dragged out some of my favorite things.  All of the dresses seen in this post are from Kouse's Sanctum, which closed earlier this year, but was always one of my favorites.  I don't like long dresses made of mesh--they just don't flow.  I miss Kouse, and I just don't understand why everything has to be mesh.  It just doesn't work well for some things.  (Although I am going through the painful process of learning to make my own mesh.  That, and my busy rl are why you haven't heard much from me recently.  And there it is--my excuse for no posts in November.)


 My hair is an old one from Truth Hair, and I am going to whine just a bit more.  As you may well know, Truth has always been my favorite.  Sadly, I can no longer say that.  Since Truth switched to mesh, the hair is like wearing a helmet--no realistic movement.  And, worse, my Truth mesh hair vanishes when I move my camera out normal walking distance, leaving me mostly bald.  And, it's not just me....I've had people tell me that I'm bald.  We can't have that!  I've asked for advice for adjusting settings (the reference in the Truth info card appears to no longer exist), and will post the info if I ever receive a reply.  In the meantime, I will just keep wearing my old Truth hair.  Too bad Truth doesn't make the old ones available on Marketplace.  (That's a hint.  Will someone with influence pass it along?)


Well, enough longing for lost things.  There are, indeed, some new and wondrous things to be had.  Pop over to ELEMENTAL and take a closer look at the Galena jewelry.  You will find 3 sets from which to choose.  Each set is texture changing with 5 metals and 3 stones.  Set 1 includes Red Jasper (bottom photo), peacock Chrysocolla, and Spiderweb Obsidian.  Set 2--Pink Opal, a lighter Chrysocolla (middle photo), and a yellowish Amber.  Set 3--Purple Agate, Chrysoprase, and Lapis (top photo).  The hairband works with lots of hairstyles, but you will need to adjust placement and sizing. 

I'm wearing:
Jewelry:  ELEMENTAL JEWELRY--Galena necklace, earrings, bracelets, and hairband. 
Skin:  League--Jen skin in pales.  Purchased full price.
Hair:  Truth Hair--Trinity in dark browns.  Purchased full price some time ago.
Eyes:  Mayfly Eyes--Liquid Light Mesh Eyes--tropical blue.  Purchased, probably on sale.
Dresses:  Kouse's Sanctum--I won't go into detail because they are no longer available, but I purchased the top 2 full price, and the red dress was a group gift.
Location:  Dawn of Radiance sim.  Please see the links to Ziki's and Berry's blogs for better photos of the actual sim and slurls.  And, by all means, go have a look around.


No comments:

Post a Comment