Saturday, June 14, 2014

The Mers & Me




A few weeks ago, Theta Cooperstone (Marseille) sent me a note saying that she (with help from the Ever Dream Modeling Agency) was planning to do a Fantasy Fashion Show featuring primarily mermaids.  She wanted to know if I'd be interested in providing jewelry for the models.  Now, I've always enjoyed stories about mermaids, but I've never met any mers in SL, so I popped over to Theta's shop to have a look.  Wow!  I was blown out of the water (hehe).  Such beautiful outfits!  I immediately said that I would love to participate.  I asked Theta what type of jewelry mermaids prefer to wear, and she said, "Well, first and foremost, we are girls, so we enjoy wearing the same type of jewelry any girls enjoy."  So, there you have it.  I did notice, however, that mers are really good with makeup--look at the colorful designs.


Well, today was the big day.  Theta graciously sent me a mermaid outfit, which I tried my best to wear for the occasion.  Surely, there is a class somewhere in SL regarding how to best wiggle into a mermaid tail.  If not, there should be, because I was not successful.  I decided they would just have to take me as I am...and they did.  Mermaids are lovely, friendly folk.


Speaking of lovely, here are some photos from the show.  I am not able to identify anything but the models and the jewelry, other than to say that the outfits are from Mermaid Treasure & Boutique.   Here is the roster:  In photo #1, you will see Aradia Mistwood wearing Ravenna (Halloween special edition) necklace & earrings.  Kaciee Resident is shown in photo #2 wearing the Sorcha (Set 1) necklace & earrings.  In photo #3, above, is Hexe Jie wearing the Galena (Set 2) necklace & hairband.  I'm not sure whether she is wearing the matching earrings or not--that's a lot of pink hair.


Above, in photo #4 is Serenity Couerblanc wearing the Isabella (Greens) necklace, earrings, ring, and tiara.


In photo #5, you will see Memory Thorne also wearing the Ariadne (Golds) necklace, earrings, & tiara.  Below is Zuzana (Zuzanar) Resident in the Ophelia 2 (Greens) necklace & earrings.


Last, but not least, in photo #7, is Trinity Aeronaut in the Light Aurora necklace & earrings.


All of the jewelry is from ELEMENTAL JEWELRY.  It's all texture changing, with several metal and stone choices in each set.  Once again, I believe that all of the outfits are from Mermaid Treasure & Boutique.    Thank you to Theta Marseille, and to all of the elegant models! I had a great time watching the show.  (Be sure to check out Theta's blog--it's posted in the blog roll on the right.)



No comments:

Post a Comment